Whoa, New York #cannabisindustry is heating up!!!
Whoa, New York #cannabisindustry is heating up!!! 8 new cannabis bills have just been introduced in the Assembly and Senate.
(1) Requiring a study on how taxes and banking are managed for the medical cannabis market.
(2) Expanding who qualifies as a cannabis caretaker who can possess products on a patient’s behalf, to include workers in hospitals, adult care facilities and mental health institutions.
(3) Expanding qualifying “serious conditions” to any condition for which the patient is likely to receive therapeutic or palliative benefit.
(4) “Normalizing” of organizations that are permitted to “produce, sell, deliver or distribute” cannabis.
(5) Defining cannabis as a “prescription drug” that’s eligible for health insurance coverage.
(6) Adding dysmenorrhea (pain linked to menstrual cramps) to the list of conditions that qualify patients for medical cannabis.
(7) Increasing the amount of cannabis that a patient can purchase at one time from a 30- to 60-day supply and creating a medical marijuana research program, along with applicable licenses.
(8) Preventing patients from being evicted from residential properties based solely on their certified use of medical cannabis under this proposal.
Each of these are significant on their own. This direction is incredible.
Read more here:
#cannabis #cannabisindustry #cannabisnews #cannabislicensing #newyork